In simple terms, our privacy pledges to you are:
- We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business reasons that we explain in this document, or if we’re legally required to do so.
- We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
- We will keep all Personal Data up to date and reflect your preferences. We will also keep all data safely and securely with appropriate measures to prevent abuse.
FOR OUR CUSTOMERS AND CLIENTS
We collect the following Personal Data from or about you as a customer of Gill Corp Limited:
- Personal Data collected directly from you through business processes such as your name, phone number, postal address, email address. The legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the provision to you of the services accessed by you.
- Personal Data collected automatically from the use by you of the website. The data transmitted from your browser such as your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to be able to operate the website and provide you with access to the pages you wish to access.
- Personal Data received indirectly through our suppliers which enables us to create and store and record communications history. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our legitimate interests in knowing more about our customers.
We use your Personal Data:
- For the administration of your account and to contact you about your account (for example with details on the work we produce for you).
- To contact you with marketing messages which you have requested or agreed to receive from us (for example via an email newsletter).
- To contact you with surveys and feedback requests
Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) also places cookies on your computer, to enable Google to provide us with activity reports relating to the website. Google uses this data only to provide us with information on how users use the website and does not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. The information generated by Google cookies about your use of the platform (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Again, if you wish to stop this, you can stop these cookies being collected by changing the settings on your browser or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
Gill Corp Limited will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the website, provide our services to you and administer your account.
- Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Hootsuite, https://hootsuite.com/legal/privacy
- Twitter, https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Linkedin, https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
FOR OUR FOLLOWERS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you follow one of our social media channels, Gill Corp Limited will receive Personal Data about you such as your account name, gender, general interests, location and age. The legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest in providing social media and marketing content that is of interest to our followers on social media.
We use this Personal Data:
- to provide bespoke social media content (for example by analysing your general interests).
- to create targeted content across all our social media channels (for example by analysing responses to posts, events and videos).
- to find out more about our digital community (for example by analysing the age ranges of our followers).
Gill will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the Sites, provide our services to you and administer your account.
FOR OUR WEBSITE VISITORS
By using our website, we collect Personal Data about you such as: site referrals, browsing pattern, browser type, location, general interests, gender, age. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/ HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in operating the sites, providing you with access to the pages you wish to access, understanding the interests of our potential customers and providing you with relevant information about our services.
We use this Personal Data:
- to provide you with bespoke website content (for example by analysing our site visitors’ age ranges);
- to gain insight into your behaviour and preferences (for example by analysing the website pages you visit);
- to create bespoke marketing messages (for example by analysing the click throughs on our site);
- to re-target our website visitors with relevant marketing messages (for example by using cookies hosted on our site);
- to collect site statistics.
For more information please see our Cookie Statement.
Gill Corp Limited will never sell, rent or swap your personal data or give it to anyone else for them to use for their own purposes without making that clear to you. There are, however, various ways in which we will share your data, as set out below:
(i) Sharing data within our group:
We are part of the Gill Group which consists of Gill Instruments Limited and Gill Corporate Limited, Gill Corporate is the holding company for Gill Research & Development, Gill Sensors & Controls Limited, Gill Motorsport Limited and Labcal Limited. The group of companies share various operations and business processes. We may share your personal data with any member of our group in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so (for example, whilst you may order a product from us, the delivery of that product might be fulfilled by another member of our group). The Company’s within our group include,
(ii) Sharing with organisations providing services to us:
We engage various third parties to provide services to us for specific functions, and this will often mean that we need to share your personal data with them (it is in our legitimate interests to do so, since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves). In each case, we will ensure that these third parties are only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the relevant services to us. We will always make sure that we use organisations that we trust to look after your personal data appropriately and as required by applicable laws.
Some examples of these third parties will include: distribution services, credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail service providers for sending transactional and marketing emails, auditing, and other similar services.
(v) Sharing data to comply with laws:
There may be scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to disclose or share your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime.
For our data processors
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf. The processors we use currently are the following:
- Google Drive, https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance/eu-data-protection/
- Social Media Platform: Facebook, some data centres located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Survey Tool: Survey Monkey, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/policy/privacy-policy/
- Email marketing, https://www.campaignmonitor.com/policies/#privacy-policy
- Web Management Tools
- Moz, https://moz.com/privacy-policy
- Google Analytics, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We use data processors located outside the European Economic Area only after taking such steps as are required to ensure that Personal Data they process on our behalf receives protection equivalent to that provided in the EEA. Our processors are either certified as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework where they are located in the USA or have entered into an agreement with us containing the model clauses approved by the European Commission as providing contractual protection equivalent to that provided by the data protection regulations applicable in the EEA. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
- We use a variety of technical and physical safeguards which exist to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data. This helps protect it from accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
- Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised Gill Corp Limited employees.
- As a matter of course, we undertake periodic reviews of our security systems to ensure that they remain fit for purpose and that your Personal Data remains safe and secure.
Duration of Storage
- We will maintain records of your Personal Data for as long as you remain:
- a registered subscriber to our mailing list;
- have completed a purchase with Gill Corp Limited in the last 36 months; or
- for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you.
If you have not opened any email communication from a Gill Corp Limited brand or interacted in any other way with our brands for 36 months we will regard you as an inactive subscriber and delete your details from our records except where retention is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA
- You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by following the link in the footer of the last email you received from us (“Update your subscription preferences” or “Unsubscribe”) or by sending your request with detailed instructions for our Account Management team.
- You have the right to update and correct the personal information on your account. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our business. All such changes will be posted to the website and where necessary, we will also contact our subscribers by email.
Gill Corp Limited is the Data Controller in respect of any Personal Data that you submit to us or that we collect from or about you. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered no. 08814776 with registered offices at The Towngate House, 2-8 Parkstone Road, Poole. BH15 2PW.
If you would like to know what information we hold about you or if you have any other queries or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, or our Sites, our contact details are as follows:
Gill Corporate Limited, Saltmarsh Park, 67 Gosport Street, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41 9EG
+44 (0)1590 613400
Please read the Terms & Conditions for use of our website.
1.0 Website Terms & Conditions
Visitors to our Website “gill.group” are required to accept the following terms and conditions in return for the information given about us, our business and the services we provide through our Website.
1.1 Conditions of use
1.1.1 – We use our reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on our web pages. Information is for guidance only and is not intended to form any part of a contract and can be subject to change without notice. We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or cumulative losses or damages arising out of the use or inability to use these pages, any errors, misrepresentations or omissions on the material contained on them.
1.1.2 – The information on these web pages has been prepared with reasonable care and is believed by us to be legal, honest, decent and truthful as of the date of its preparation.
1.1.3 – You agree that the material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of our web pages is obtained entirely at your own risk and that you will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data even if we have been advised of the possibility of any such damage.
1.1.4 – We do not accept any liability in connection with any third-party websites which may be linked or accessible through our own Web site and we do not endorse or approve the contents of any such site.
1.1.5 – In relation to a dispute arising out of this Web site you the user and we, Gill Corporate Limited agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
1.1.6 – Except where expressly stated to the contrary the text and graphics in the information contained in this Web site is the copyright of Gill Corporate Limited. You may download or print out individual selections of these web pages only if explicitly used for your own personal information and not to be publicly reproduced. Permanent copying or storage of whole or part of this Website or the information contained in it or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether on paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited.
1.1.7 – The entire contents of these web pages remains our property and is copyright with all rights reserved.
1.2 – Data Protection Act 1998